Church Park Anglo-Indian Teacher Training School was founded by the Irish Presentation Sisters who came to India in the year 1842. The School is under the Management of the Presentation Sisters whose foundress is Nano Nagle.
In 1912 the sisters saw the need for trained Anglo – Indian lady teachers and began the Teacher Training School at George Town. Later it was shifted to Church Park in 1919 and the present building was occupied in 1925. Permanent recognition under the Code of Regulations for Anglo-Indian schools was received from the Director of Public Instruction; Madras Vide proceedings Dis. No. 1488/26, dated 16.04.1926. It was brought under the Directorate of Teacher Education Research and Training (DTERT), Chennai in the year 1996.
Over the past ninety years, the Institution, one of its kind in the State of Tamilnadu, has built up an outstanding and remarkable tradition of training young women to be committed, competent and dynamic teachers.
The policy of Education in Presentation Schools is based on the life of love and mercy of Jesus Christ as revealed in the Gospels and reflected in the life of dedication and charism of their foundress Nano Nagle.
Education in the spirit of the Gospel and of Nano Nagle encompasses the development of a growing consciousness of the human dignity and right of every person. This enables persons to live in fellowship and mutual helpfulness. Education also includes the development of knowledge and skills enabling a person to be a good citizen of her country and society and thus promoting peace and justice in this world. Holistic and integrated approach is given to the training programme based on the objectives that characterize Presentation Education.